Scholarship Application – 2023 Application Period is CLOSED!
Please check back in January 2024 for the 2024 Scholarship application materials and information.
- Applicants must be women that met one of the following criteria:
- Completing high school curricula, who are accepted at an accredited college or university program which leads to an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field.
- Non traditional students that graduated high school in 2023 or earlier, are not currently enrolled at a college or university and are accepted at an accredited college or university program which leads to an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
- Experienced professional pursuing additional education to re-enter the workforce in a STEM field. Applicant must be a minimum of 5 years post completion of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and are accepted to an accredited program for additional education.
- Applicants must be starting their college degree in 2024 and enrolling full time.
- Applicants must reside or go to high school in one of the following counties: Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego
4. Must be able to attend our Scholarship Reception May 20th, 2024, which will be held in the Syracuse area.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility please contact our scholarship committee: SyracuseSWE.Scholarship@gmail.com
Please note that additional scholarship opportunities are available through SWE at the society level. Please see their website for more details.
*Zip codes 130xx-132xx outside of the specified counties are also eligible
Update: It has been brought to our attention that several accredited colleges no longer require standardized testing. In order to better align with that, the Scholarship application requirements have been modified and standardized test scores (SAT/ACT) are no longer required to apply for the Greater Syracuse SWE Scholarship, effective immediately.
Application and instructions are available below:
The application must be received at the address listed by no later than March 31, 2024.